GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME . . . .
Some of you may have seen the video on YouTube collecting what purport to be the 100 best movie lines, including the line quoted above from Planet of the Apes. The video is quite impressive, managing as it does to collect all 100 lines in under four minutes. Here is a link to the video.
At the same time, there are, in my mind ayway, some obvious omissions from the list of top 100 lines, including the following, in no particular order. Where possible, I have located and posted a clip from Youtube or another source.
1) "I'm Spartacus" from Spartacus
2) "Dodge This" from The Matrix
3) "You used up all the glue . . . on purpose." From "A Christmas Story"
4) "I'll make it." From Hoosiers.
(50 seconds into this clip).
5) "Michael, we're bigger than U.S. Steel." From The Godfather II
6) "Leave the gun. Take the canolis." From The Godfather
7) "I've got nowhere else to go." From Officer and a Gentleman
8) "There is no fighting in the war room." From Dr. Strangelove
9) "I get paid to be suspicious when I've got nothing to be suspicious about." From The Firm
10) "30 years from now when you are sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you 'what did you do in the great World War II' you won't have to say, 'well, I shoveled shit in Louisiana." From Patton.